Everyone understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table. we picked out our favorite Sabudana Khichdi that have gotten us through even the bad day. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for your friends or anyone. This Sabudana Khichdi recipes is very easy to do. Happy Cooking!
By: Ruchika Samiani via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Sabudana Khichdi:
- 1 cup Sago pearls (Sabudana)
- 1 cup water (to soak)
- 2 tbsp Peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- 2 slit Green chillies
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 potato (diced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Salt to taste (Senda namak)
- to taste Black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
Method for "Sabudana Khichdi":
- Wash Sago pearls under flowing water 3-4 times to rid them of starch. You should be able to see clear water before you move to next step.
- Soak the washed pearls in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain excess water if any.
- Take oil in a nonstick Kadhaai and add cumin seeds and Curry leaves.
- Add peanuts and chillies and stir fry.
- Add diced potatoes and fry till soft.
- Add soaked sago pearls, salt, black pepper and mix.
- When the pearls turn translucent, add lime juice and serve hot.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut flakes (optional)