Pyaaz Ki Kachori
Everyone understands the stuggle of getting breakfast on the table. we picked out our favorite Pyaaz Ki Kachori that have gotten us through even the busiest day. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for your husband or anyone. This Pyaaz Ki Kachori recipes is very easy to do. Here we go!
Pyaaz ki Kachori
By: Pratibha Sipani Kankaria via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Pyaaz ki Kachori:
- For Dough:
- 2 Cups Maida
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- To Taste Salt
- For Stuffing:
- 4 Large Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Potatoes, Peeled & Boiled
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds Crushed
- To Taste Salt
- 2 Tbsp Chick Pea Flour (Besan)
- 2 Tsp Dried Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Ginger Finely, Crushed
- 2 Green Chilies, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- For Frying:
- as needed Oil To Deep Fry
Method for "Pyaaz ki Kachori":
- For The Dough: 1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. 2. Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes. 3. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- For the onion filling: 1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a broad pan. Add asafetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and crushed coriander seeds. 2. SautÃ© for half a minute. Add chopped red onions, salt and continue to sautÃ©.
- 3. When onions are lightly browned, add garlic, ginger, green chilies and red chilli powder and dried mango powder.4. Mix well and sautÃ© for a minute.5. Add boiled potatoes, gram flour, sugar, and garam masala powder.6. Mix well, and try to mashed potatoes with the help of a ladle.
- 7. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. 8. Remove from heat. Add 1 chopped white onion, and mix well. 9. Let it cool. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. 10. Roll out each portion of the dough into a 2Â½ diameter circle. 11. Place 2-3 tbsp of the onion filling in the center. 12. Press gently and pat with hands to flatten the kachori a bit, keeping the sides thin.
- 13. Prick with a fork. 14. Repeat the same process with remaining dough. 15. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. 16. Turn the heat to medium-high and deep-fry the kachoris till golden. 16. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot